Who we are:
Assyrian Democrats of the Bay Area Democratic Club helps provide a forum for Assyrian Americans in order to set a progressive agenda that would benefit our community at large. Per the bylaws, our mission is summarized as follows:
- Promote progressive values such as democracy, equality, and social and racial justice through education, participation and advocacy.
- Empower Assyrian American political voices
- Advance and protect the interest of Assyrian Americans
- Inspire and promote grassroots participation in the political and election process and voter registration drives
- Assist Assyrian American Democrats who seek local political positions, statewide and nationally
- Provide a vehicle through which members can participate at all levels of the Democratic Party
- Provide a forum for communicating progressive ideas in the Assyrian community.
Initial meetings and brainstorming to form ADBA started from November 2020 and Continued in 2021. By end of February 2021 the consensus was built among founding members that the path forward is to create an affiliated chartered Democratic Party organization in our Assyrian community in California.
Initial contacts were made with Santa Clara County Democratic Party Central Committee to learn about the criteria to create such organization. We started to put the foundation and meet the criteria with weekly zoom meetings.
After several weeks of zoom meetings, in May 2021 the bylaws for ADBA were approved by online voting of newly signed up members. According to the ADBA bylaws a nine member executive board was elected on May 24th 2021. Consequently the executive board put in motion to also nominate co-chairs to the five standing committees.