Santa Clara County, California, July 2021 — In their monthly meeting on July first, the Central Committee of the Santa Clara Democratic Party (SCCDP) unanimously approved the accreditation of the Assyrian Democrats of the Bay Area (ADBA), as a chartered Democratic club affiliated with SCCDP. The organization was formed by a group of Assyrians from across California in November 2020. After several months of research and deliberations, a nine-member executive board was elected on May 24, 2021. A request for accreditation was submitted to the Executive Board of SCCDP on June 24, and consequently approved on July 1, 2021.
As Assyrian Americans, ADBA will provide a forum to help set a progressive agenda that would benefit our community at large. Per the bylaws, our mission is summarized as follows:
- Promote progressive values such as democracy, equality, and social and racial justice through education, participation and advocacy.
- Empower Assyrian American political voices
- Advance and protect the interest of Assyrian Americans
- Inspire and promote grassroots participation in the political and election process and voter registration drives
- Assist Assyrian American Democrats who seek local political positions, statewide and nationally
- Provide a vehicle through which members can participate at all levels of the Democratic Party
- Provide a forum for communicating progressive ideas in the Assyrian community.
ADBA membership is open to all registered Democrats and Independents who subscribe to ADBA’s policies and purposes and who wish to assist in the advancement of its principles with interest in issues of concern to the Democratic Party and the Assyrian American community at large. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Executive Board
Assyrian Democrats of the Bay Area
A Chartered Democratic Club
Affiliated with the Santa Clara County Democratic Party